To lead single discipline and participate in multi discipline assessment teams delivering ISO and associated sector scheme certification. Job Responsibilities:
What is the role accountable for and what are its key responsibilities?
- Undertake client management activities for assigned customers.
- Lead or participate in preliminary assessments, assessments, follow-up visits, surveillances and certificate renewals to contract and budget requirements.
- Comply with LRQA procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards.
- Produce verbal and written assessment reports on time and to the agreed format..
- Discuss and justify the findings of the report and agree the outcome with clients.
- Undertake necessary documentation, data, administration and communication activities needed to successfully fulfil responsibilities
- Pursue CPD and maintain a high degree of discipline knowledge and awareness
- Coach other employees
- Identify new and additional business opportunities, advise clients on LR and LRQA services and action any resulting leads.
- Lead or participate in special projects. Job Requirements:
Location: UK - close to major road networks.
Qualifications:Degree or HNC/HND in a science subject.
- At least 5 years (post graduate) recent experience in the food industry is essential.
- In addition to the above, experience in other industries would be desirable.
- Previous experience of working for 3rd party certification body is essential
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of quality management systems including knowledge of relevant UK legislations is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of Environmental and Health & Safety Management including relevant UK legislation is desirable.
- Experience of BRC and ISO 22000 is desirable.
- Professional membership: Relevant professional qualification/membership (e.g., CQI, IEMA,NEBOSH) is desirable.
- Registered lead assessor (IRCA, IEMA) is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written skills is essential.
- You will need to be pragmatic and credible and have a high standard of personal presentation.
- You will need to have some experience of working on standard MS software packages, i.e., word, excel, powerpoint, outlook
You should be residing in the UK within easy reach of major commuting routes and/or industrial conurbations. This roles will involve travel, mainly within your region but occasionally to other parts of the UK and abroad including periods away from home.
In return, we offer a flexible and varied schedule along with competitive remuneration plus expenses; in addition to having the opportunity to contribute to LRQA's high professional standard and reputation across the industry.