1, Summary of Position
The position is responsible for the value creation of operating processes at terminal level for all functional areas, for the provision, leadership and training to support business improvement. The position is required to investigate, analyze and implement a business improvement plan which will enhance the efficiency of the terminal and to put in place standard operating fundamentals that ensure a smooth running operation. The BPM will maintain a pipeline of potential projects; act as the supporter of all process improvement project teams whilst also facilitating steering committee meetings.
The BPM is expected to be fully conversant with the terminal's overall KPI's. The BPM will assist project groups with data collection/analysis techniques, and the project groups or functional managers with change implementation. The BPM will train terminal resources to ensure that employees drive continual improvement in their work places.
2, Specific Duties
Direct responsibility for the study of existing processes within the terminal and identifying methods and products by which these operations could be improved or streamlined in order to provide maximum cost effective benefits to the terminal.
Maintain audit programs to monitor processes within the terminal are carried out in accordance with laid out operational fundamental principles
Create a pipeline of improvement initiatives ensuring that these are classified and priorities for implementation.
Ensures that implementation teams are correctly staff with the right skills to maximize optimum use of resources towards an improvement program.
Ensure that key operating processes are documented and improvements are constantly updated by the process owner.
Responsible for critically asses on a continuous basis the financial implementation of process improvements initiatives.
To agree and ensure completion of a predetermined improvement activities every year with the SGM of Operations.
To ensure that the planned financial benefits of the initiatives are realized by evaluating P&L impact post implementation together with DCFO.
Participate in the Terminal management team meeting review Terminal KPI regularly.
Ensure that proper management control systems are in place to ensure that focus is maintained on process improvements on a constant and ongoing basis.
Build general terminal staff capability by putting in place proper mentoring, training & leadership programs in LEAN, SIX SIGMA.
A. To establish and maintain a funnel pipeline of potential process excellence projects with focus on improvements related
· Increased Process efficiency & capability
· Waste reduction
· Cost reduction & Revenue enhancement
· Enhance customer service quality
· Increase safety and environmental performance
B. Mentor and facilitate PEX work groups enabling same to
· Run projects thru the established PEX lifecycle
· Engage stakeholders and obtain approval of process change
· Establish of business case
· Implementation of process change
· Establish and monitor control plans
C. Establish and create a culture that accepts change by:
· Establish and maintain educational material related to Yellow belt workshops, LEAN workshops.
· Conduct LEAN workshops when required
· Conduct quarterly yellow belt workshops for employees within the terminal at all levels
· Conduct quarterly engagement with Senior Management team
· Conduct Bimonthly engagement with management team
· Establish monthly news-letter for all PTP employees
· Conduct presentation and engagement with EXCO and Board when required.
· Prepare Monthly report
· Prepare EXCO report upon request
· Prepare Monthly update to Senior Management team if required
D. To ensure full documentation throughout PEX project cycles.
· Ensure project is in compliance with PEX/DMAIC life cycle
E. Manage and develop subordinate, undertake duties performed by SGM Operations division as assigned.
3, Job Knowledge
· Candidate should possess at a Degree.
· Six Sigma Black belt
· At least 7 years of working experience
· Experience with LEAN methodology Implementation
· Experience with SIX SIGMA methodology Implementation
· Experience with SIX SIGMA / LEAN project implementations
· Professional certification in project management will be an added advantage.
iv). Additional Requirements
- Responsible and passionate for continuous learning, very adaptive and highly motivated.
- Positive attitude, result-oriented and focused/strong desire to succeed.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Good facilitation, motivation & presentation skills.
4, Problem Solving and thinking requirements
Anticipates problems; manages prevention; recognizes the key issues in problems and creates contingency plans and alternative solutions. Evaluates solutions for both long and short-term benefit. Exhibits sound judgment. Measures results and takes corrective action when needed.
5, Freedom to Make Decisions
Makes decisions and acts in a way that leads to meeting stakeholders and customer requirements of the individual process. Contributes to the advancement of stake holders and customers of the process goals; focuses on best practices and continuous improvement; seeks out personal improvement opportunities.
Creates an environment where Pex workgroup members (Employees, suppliers & customers) can communicate across functional boundaries. Shares knowledge, ideas and information openly. Influences others. Communicates in a clear and concise manner; conducts effective meetings; keeps people informed; solicits input from associates, management, suppliers & customers. Ability to communicate in Bahasa is preferred.
Fluent in Bahasa Malay & English , both written and oral.
Provides vision and empowers others to take action. Guides and inspires others to accomplish goals. Establishes high standards of ethics and for performance. Commands attention and conducts self in a professional manner. Understands, prevents and resolves conflict.
Analyses process within the company, market, owns industry and other industries.
Forward thinking; understands implications of decisions
Demonstrates cost consciousness in all areas of work; strives to improve Terminal's cost position. Able to work within constraints of budget.
10, Change Management
Initiates change; educates and influences others to accept change.
11, Drive & Energy
Generates high volumes of relevant work; able to sustain high level of activity and energy over long hours when necessary. Works with a businesslike approach to daily challenges. Makes a difference every day at work.
12, Process Management
Assist Senior management to establish a process driven organization, which supports continual process improvement though the optimal design of work flows, organizational structure, and technology.