This job is no longer available
83910 - Drilling Wells Team Leader
Our client is a major international gas company offering a wide range of services and products for the transmission, storage, marketing and use of natural gas.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Drilling Wells Team Leader, based in London.
The role will be to lead the London based well engineering team through project Appraise, Select and Define workphases prior to handover to the drilling & completions execution team post sanction for all drilling, completion, welltest and intervention activities.
* Work closely with the asset and subsurface teams to generate and evaluate well conceptual designs to agreed well objectives
* Refine selected well concepts to achieve an executable and AFE level costed well design.
* Provide input into the AFE sanction process and input to other internal and external approvals
* Make continuous effort to improve regional well construction performance through well-researched applications and new tools and techniques
Skills & Experience
* Engineering or subsurface degree qualified, or equivalent experience
* Offshore medical/BOSIET/Survival certification
* Proven drilling and completion experience within an offshore environment
* Some experience of the Southern Gas Basin will be an advantage
* Proven project management experience
* Managing contractors/3rd parties, with million pound contract values
* Experienced of drilling engineering
* Good data management skills and demonstrated computer literacy
* Stresscheck/WellCat software experience
* IWCF Certified Combined Well Control
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 83910.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.