This job is no longer available
87079 - Instrument Commissioning Engineer
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Instrument Commissioning Engineer, based in Angola.
The role of the Control & Instrument Commissioning Engineer is to perform commissioning activities in order to deliver facilities to Operations in accordance with the project technical standards and schedule. The Control & Instrument Commissioning Engineer is to provide commissioning support during start-up activities up to project completion.
* Participate in all Company HSSE systems and ensure that all work carried out by all parties engaged in all phases of the project complies with these requirements.
* Be familiar with all aspects of project control & instrumentation design and equipment.
* Provide regular communication of system status, schedule issues, quality issues, etc to the Offshore Commissioning Manager.
* Be familiar with Project Completions Management Procedure (PTools). Familiarise oneself with the remaining pre-commissioning and commissioning work scope for control and instrumentation for each system. Identify opportunities for early system handover of systems.
* Be familiar with the project sub-systems and systems represented on Limits of System Handover (LOSH) Drawings.
* Be familiar with the Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning strategy defined in Core Test Plan
* Assure rigorous implementation of approved Commissioning Method Statements and System Commissioning Procedures.
* Ensure compliance with Calibration of Test Equipment procedure.
* Ensure software change is rigorously controlled as per procedure
* Ensure that loop checking is carried out in accordance with procedure
* Ensure the logic checking is carried out in accordance with procedure.
* Approve PTools 'B' check sheets and Commissioning Procedure for control & instrument discipline.
* Ensure safety critical Control & Instrument equipment meets the performance standards defined in project standard of performance.
* Ensure that preservation and maintenance on equipment is correctly identified and is being carried out in accordance with Preservation Procedure.
* Be familiar with the Project Management of Change Procedure and Site Change Control and Technical Queries procedure.
* Participate in bi-party punchlist system walkdown at system handover, for systems with control and instrumentation scope.
* Prepare mark-up As-Built drawings for relevant drawings as defined in project As-Built Procedure
* When supervising multi-discipline commissioning activities, ensure the use of overrides and inhibits is correctly controlled as per procedure.
Skills & Experience
* Extensive experience in Commissioning of control and instrumentation systems on an Oil and Gas Major Project.
* Additional experience from Operations would also be an advantage.
* Knowledge of FPSO process plant, facilities, utilities, and architecture of surface and subsurface offshore and/or onshore gas and oil producing facilities.
* It is expected that the successful candidate will have an engineering degree or demonstrated extensive experience within the field of commissioning.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 87079.