This job is no longer available
87064 - Lead Marine Commissioning Engineer
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Lead Marine Commissioning Engineer, based in Angola.
The role of the Lead Marine Commissioning Engineer is to lead a team of Marine Commissioning Engineers and Technicians in executing commissioning and decommissioning activities in order to deliver facilities to Operations in accordance with the project technical standards and schedule. The Lead Marine Commissioning Engineer is to provide commissioning support up to project completion.
* Participate in all Company HSSE systems and ensure that all work carried out by all parties engaged in all phases of the project complies with these requirements.
* Be familiar with all aspects of project Marine equipment.
* Provide regular communication of system status, schedule issues, quality issues, etc to the Offshore Commissioning Manager.
* Be familiar with Project Completions Management Procedure (PTools). Familiarise oneself with the remaining pre-commissioning, commissioning & de-commissioning work scope for Marine equipment for each system. Identify opportunities for early system handover of systems.
* Be familiar with the project sub-systems and systems represented on Limits of System Handover (LOSH) Drawings.
* Be familiar with the Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning strategy defined in Core Test Plan
* Assure rigorous implementation of approved Commissioning Method Statements and System Commissioning Procedures.
* Approve PTools 'B' check sheets and Commissioning Procedure for Marine discipline.
* Ensure safety critical Marine equipment meets the performance standards defined in project standard of performance.
* Ensure that preservation and maintenance on marine equipment is correctly identified and is being carried out in accordance with Preservation Procedure.
* Ensure that lubrication oil systems are flushed to the project requirements.
* Be familiar with the Project Management of Change Procedure and Site Change Control and Technical Queries procedure.
* Participate in bi-party punchlist system walkdown at system handover, for systems with marine equipment content.
* Ensure all relevant As-Built Drawings / Documents are marked up by Marine commissioning team as defined in project As-Built Procedure
* When supervising multi-discipline commissioning activities, ensure the use of overrides and inhibits is correctly controlled as per procedure.
Skills & Experience
* Extensive experience in Commissioning FPSO or Oil Tankers. Additional experience from Operations would also be an advantage.
* Knowledge of FPSO process plant, facilities, utilities, and architecture of surface and subsurface offshore and/or onshore gas and oil producing facilities.
* It is expected that the successful candidate will have an engineering degree, Master Mariner or Chief Engineer ticket, or demonstrated extensive experience within the field of marine operations and commissioning.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 87064.