This job is no longer available
Oversee and drive all finance, accounting and reporting strategies to support the terminal businesses in Japan (Yokohama and Kobe) as well as ensure proper checks and controls are in place, while acting as a business partner to the terminal manager. Engage with management to ensure revenues and costs are optimized for the business and that optimal staff resources and systems are in place to support this.
● Ensure financial records portray a true and fair picture of the business performance and position in accordance with accounting policies. Timely reporting of monthly, budget and special form reports.
● Provide financial and analytical support to the terminal managers (Yokohama and Kobe).
● As part of the senior management team, formulate and drive implementation of local terminal strategy.
● Oversee Administration and Procurement functions with a view to maximizing value to customers and other stakeholders.
● Play a leading role in managing the company's risk profile.
● Monitor cash-flows and manage liquidity - this includes periodical review of working capital.
● Ensure proper controls and checks exist to safeguard the assets of the business.
● Maintain outstanding receivables within company guidelines.
● Monitor performance of general finance and accounting team performing payables etc.
● Assist in preparation of board files and act as the secretary of the board. Ensure action points arising out of board meetings are followed up and closed.
● Provide financial expertise on CAPEX investment proposals and assist management team in preparation for board approval of the proposal.
● Coordinate external and internal Audits.
● Provide financial expertise for ongoing project evaluations and take ownership of any financial modeling relating to the project.
● Ensure IFS HR is updated correctly at all times.
● Be the anchor for cost saving initiatives in the Company including but not limited to driving the cost-cutting process, constant evaluation and reporting thereof.
● Identify and ensure all tasks that could be off-shored, are migrated and are controlled with signed SLA's.
Necessary to perform the requirements of the position:
● Degree or equivalent in the accounting field and three years experience in management reporting in APMM group
● Working knowledge of DB2RRIS, HFM system, APM GAP and MS Office applications
● Good understanding of the link between finance and other functional areas
● Good interpersonal skills
● High standard of written, spoken English
● Considerable drive and interest in taking on new tasks/challenges
● Strong analytical skills
● Well-organized, timely, and persistent
● Possess cultural understanding and strong communication skills
● Responsible for the smooth functioning of the Japan Terminal Finance/Admin/Procurement function
● Measured on agreed key objectives based on principal accountabilities.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
● Reports to Managing Director - Japan APM Terminals
WORK AND BUSINESS CONTACTS:
● Terminal management
● APMT regional CFO
● Senior management in Maersk Line Japan and Finance organization
● Finance staff in local head office
● External and internal auditors
● Legal advisors
The following general accountabilities are also specific to APM Terminals:
● Identify and work by the company style, image and standards of practice.
● Ensure subordinate staff are adequately trained and motivated.
● Ensure this job description is kept up to date.
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
● Learn about the operation of a terminal and the financial impact of its activities
● Understand and manage the risks faces by a terminal
● Develop managerial and personnel skills
AUTHORITY AND REPRESENTATION
● Authority to sign on all general letters and documents pertaining to the area of responsibility. Correspondence of special and principal nature should be signed by the Managing Director. Tax returns must be signed by the Statutory Finance Manager.
● Authorization of expenses in accordance with prevailing authority matrix
● Can prepare and sign correspondence on behalf of the APMT Japan Finance function.