This job is no longer available
87180 - Lead Functional Cost Engineer
Our client is a major Oil & Gas exploration and production company.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Lead Functional Cost Engineer, based in Oman.
* Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for major, complex projects.
* Roll-out of the Company standard tools and processes, as appropriate for each project's life cycle development & execution phase.
* Develop and Implement Project Cost and Schedule Management Plan.
* Implementation of cost breakdown structures (CBS) and their population from the estimate.
* Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and document Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates in line with the Company guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders.
* Provide project guidance for the creation of accurate monthly cost reports, identifying variances from the plan on commitment, value of work done, changes and currency fluctuations against approved Authorities For Expenditure (AFEs).
* Develop and implement the change management process for projects. Provide guidance on trend analysis and the assessment of change impacts on cost.
* Develop and implement Earned Value Management process consistently across projects/sub projects.
* Maintain and promote realism in the cost forecasts in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project teams.
* Maintain consistency in cost bases through rigorous adherence to the controls processes.
* Manage Estimating Data
* Drive and raise awareness of the importance of developing the cost management structure in early project phases.
* Develop and implement a Project Close-Out Report procedure to gather learnings from projects.
* Develop the process to collect actual cost performance, condition and normalise data for future use, develop metrics and benchmarking information.
* Work with the SAP team and develop data trawling techniques to extract market procurement cost updates from SAP. Likewise, develop and implement a procedure to capture cost data from relevant contracts and agreements.
* Develop standard Tender documents that ensure cost data is captured from the range of contract types, including lump sum.
Skills & Experience
* Educated to Degree level in Engineering or Project Management.
* Preferred to be Project Management Institute (PMI) certified or a Chartered Engineer.
* Significant senior experience in Cost Engineering and Project Management of Oil & Gas projects.
* Experience in managing and the personnel development of multi discipline teams of senior project services personnel.
* Proficient user of Cost Control software and understanding of the SAP cost control and procurement modules. A good knowledge of probabilistic cost and schedule analysis.
* High analytical skills with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Good reports writing skills.
* High ability to work with Management as well as with multi-disciplinary project engineering teams.
* Detailed understanding and knowledge of Oil & Gas business control processes, procedures & systems.
* Fluent in English, written and spoken.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 87180.