This job is no longer available
87342 - Cost Engineer II
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Cost Engineer II, based in Anchorage, Alaska.
The Cost Engineer position will assist the Controls Team in the development and delivery of cost estimating and forecasting reports and other financial and cost support activities.
* Assist in the development of project estimates and forecasting consistent with funding constraint and project WBS/CBS
* Coordinate and develop spend projections/forecasts, cost reconciliations and variance analyses for cost performance management
* Interface with TLs/Coordinators to ensure timely gathering of estimating and forecasting cost data for cost performance reporting
* Assist the Controls Team in development of cost estimating/ forecasting procedures and processes
* Conduct cost risk analysis and coordinate the development of risk mitigation recommendations
* Assist in revisions of authorization for expenditure (AFE)/financial authorization (FA), as needed
* Provide oversight of contractor cost-management/cost control procedures and practices in conjunction with Controls Team and PSCM Team
* Assist Cost Analysts in preparation of cost reports and cost tracking functions, as needed
* Adhere to Company financial, business and CVP processes and requirements
Skills & Experience
* Experience in large project budget and financial reporting management
* Cost and financial management experience on large projects
* Moderate or better experience level with cost management tools
* Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines
* Ability to recognize and solve problems
* Bachelor's degree in related field or proven experience equivalent
* Experience with cost management for Turnaround
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 87342.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.