This job is no longer available
The purpose of the role is to assess the design/production/in-service aspects of engineering assets, using procedures, experience and knowledge appropriate for routine situations. Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates understanding of risk management principles by applying common sense and own experience.
- Demonstrates the ability to respond to issues with creative solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems and carry out assignments that may require a certain degree of variation and adaptation.
- Identifies the key elements of a problem and its root cause
- Takes routine decisions on best available evidence
- Within a defined subject and a specialist area can represent the team/office at internal/external meetings Job Requirements:
- Degree in mechanical engineering, plant engineering, steel construction
- Good knowledge of general static
- Good knowledge of FEM calculations
- Basic knowledge of welding, materials engineering, destructive and non-destructive testing
Desirable but not essential
- Experience with pressure vessel design codes ( e.g. ASME, PD5500, AD2000, EN12952, EN12952)
- Experience with the application of the Pressure Equipment Directive and the German GPSG
- Experience with piping construction
- Experience with the design, construction and testing in the area of unfired pressure vessels, steam vessels or plant engineering
- Experienec with the static and dynamic design of piping systems
- Experience with the construction of steam generator