This job is no longer available
DAMCO LOGISTICS (THAILAND) CO., LTD.
is one of the fastest growing logistics companies in Thailand. We are the leader in supply chain management field. Our customers are among the top 500 fortune companies operating in different industries.
Our business offers broad range of service portfolio to our customers, including but not limited to ocean freight, airfreight, customs clearance, trucking, warehousing and distribution, supply chain management, and supply chain solution design & execution.
Due to the anticipated rapid expansion, we are looking for talented people who are customer and achievement-oriented, flexible with strong teamwork and integrity for the following position;
Head of Operation, Thailand (General Manager Level)
Area of responsibilities:
·The purpose of the position is to drive excellence in service delivery and product development across the organization to create differentiation and business growth. The role would specifically encompass Ocean freight, Supply Chain Management, Landside services, Project management, Procurement and Business Process Improvement
• Implement operational delivery platform
• Drive performance on cost and service reliability/quality
• Implement initiatives to meet cost and service targets
• Support and drive cross/up-selling across all products/functions
• Define and implement, with due consideration of global/regional plans, the country operational/service strategy and priorities
• Provide input to global/regional strategies and initiatives
• Sponsors and drives optimisation and off-shoring projects in line with BPI methodology and processes
• Own all processes, service quality and costs across country
• Drive development of products such as Ocean freight, LSS and SCM throughout the country
• Ensure that all client implementations and other strategic projects are properly managed in line with recognised project management methodologies - provide visibility to management
· Market intelligence : Develop market knowledge of the logistics industry in Thailand and of global competitors in the landscape.
· Conference participation : Speak at conferences and functions requires in depth knowledge and strategic planning which will be required to learn .
· Organisational and financial setup : Being part of the country management team in Thailand requires developing an understanding for drivers behind organisational and financial design.
· Commercial behavior : The position will offer an opportunity to study and develop service excellence and build/create products to suit customer needs in a large organisation. This will require insight into the psychologies of customers and customer relations, and learning of how to develop innovative products to land more business and be more competitive in the market place.
· Bachelor's Degree or higher in Business Administration, Logistics Management or any related field
· At least 10 years working experience in Logistics Operation functions
· Strong leadership abilities
· Strong business acumen
· Understanding of the market and experience within Asian countries would be a plus point
· Strong operational and product background within the logistics sector
· Passion for service delivery
· Personal drive and engagement
· Ability to take a Global view
· Excellent communication skills verbal & written
· Ability to balance operational priorities with commercial imperatives
· Ability to take a holistic perspective
Interested candidate please contact to email@example.com