Maersk Container Industry
Maersk Container Industry AS (MCI), a part of A.P. Moller-Maersk Group, is a global company manufacturing world-class transportation equipment solutions to a global customer base.
The MCI headquarter is located in Tinglev, Denmark, while the three production facilities are in China. Today, the MCI Group employs about 6,700 people and offers three unique products: dry containers, reefer containers and Star Cool reefer machines. We are currently building a factory in Chile which will be fully operational at the end of 2013. Click here to learn more about Maersk Container Industry
Maersk Container Industry Qingdao, China (MCIQ) has been part of the MCI Group since 1999. It is a well-established production site placed in a modern city close to the sea. Today the reefer containers and Star Cool reefer machines are manufactured in MCIQ where 3,900 people are employed.
You will be employed as HSSE Manager (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) at the production facility in Qingdao, China with reference to the managing director.
As HSSE Manager, your primary tasks are:
· Comply with Group core ideologies, implement and develop strategy/policies in HSSE where you build a strong Safety Culture from top management to factory employees
· Handle organizational development by making training plans to develop the employee´s approach to safety, ensure their understanding of the production processes and their compliance with the company values, policies and rules
· Handle day to day operation of the HSSE department, where you are responsible for ensuring that the HSSE systems are compliant with relevant PRC laws, rules and regulations and APMM-group/MCI group requirements
· Overlook every project from start to implementation, plan on-site patrolling, systematic follow up to ensure on-going improvements also of the working conditions
· Operation of ISO - ISO14001/OHSAS 18001 where you also will be responsible for the system, maintaining procedures and assisting each department to set up annually goals
· Keep close contact with relevant government authorities and regularly meet with relevant authorities to get updated information of PRC laws, rules and regulations
You have minimum 5-8 years of experience within HSSE management and a Master or Bachelor of Science with focus on manufacturing (mass and serial production of industrial products). You have operational experience from working in an international company. Experience with China is preferred but not a requirement. You must have strong communication skills with good written and spoken English.
It is important that you are good at maintaining established standards of quality and accuracy and have a technical and analytical focus. You have drive, determination and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results and are good at problem solving, decision-making and have a sense of urgency. As a person you are able to work within a team as well as independently.
Please forward your application and resume via the APMM Jobportal. If you have questions, please contact Kevin Wang, Head of HR at MCIQ at 86 532 877 26445 or e-mail: email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed continually (until a suited candidate has been identified) therefore; the recruitment will be active as long as it is posted.
By always keeping the customer at the centre of our attention, Maersk Container Industry (MCI) constantly works towards delivering a powerful combination of innovation, quality, reliability and low Total Cost.