This job is no longer available
87556 - Category Analyst
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Category Analyst, based in Anchorage.
This role is in support of Company PSCM Category Team responsible for managing engineering (EPMS), fabrication and construction categories. The team comprises a team lead and three category specialists. The team works jointly and collaboratively with the Alaska region and global PSCM experts to drive Company Alaska's focus on safe, reliable, compliant and efficient operations.
This role is accountable for supporting the team's analytical and reporting needs, including but not limited to support in: annual category management planning, spend analysis (data collection, invoice review, and analysis), supply market research, root cause analysis, interviewing and collecting information from stakeholders, and formal presentation of analysis and findings.
* Support team lead in development of opportunity assessments and annual strategic sourcing plan, including: spend (expenditure), invoice, and contract data collection and analysis
* Research, analyze, and report on supply market economics and trends for indirect and subsurface categories
* Work on assigned, special projects from the team lead, which will focus on driving strategic and operational efficiency and concurrently eliminating barriers and non-value added activity, using tools, such as: process mapping, root cause analysis, and effective interviewing of stakeholders
* Collect, review, analyze, and report on Company engineering, fabrication and construction spend, current contracts, and supplier safety performance on a monthly basis
* Presentation of analyses and findings to PSCM management and other stakeholders, as needed
* Provide administrative support, where needed
* Provide category management support, where needed
Skills & Experience
* College graduate with strong academic performance and previous experience in a consulting or financial/business analyst role.
* Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical ability and experience
* Intermediate to strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel (or Access) and PowerPoint (e.g. experienced with large data sets (10k lines ), pivot tables, financial formulas & modeling, effective presentation development (e.g. STAR method)
* Ability to support effective teamwork and relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
* High degree of confidence and ethical standards
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Highly motivated, positive attitude, and quick learner
* Understanding and experience with category management processes
* Ariba System experience
* Prior oil and gas industry experience
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 87556.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.