This job is no longer available
87649 - Senior Geoscientist
Our client is a major international gas company offering a wide range of services and products for the transmission, storage, marketing and use of natural gas.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Geoscientist, based in Stavanger.
Orion Engineering have been asked by a top E&P Company to recruit a Senior Geoscientist to be based in Stavanger.
* Provide geological and geophysical expertise for all New Business work, which will include bid round participation, farm-in opportunities, acreage evaluations and divestures, as well as screening investment opportunities, when appropriate
* Identify and assess key strengths and the value of opportunities
* Identify and assess key risks and uncertainties
* Provide direct input to volumetric calculations and risk analyses assessments of any E&P opportunity
* Support the full cycle assessment and appraisal of opportunities
* Provide direct input to the internal E.ON approval process including peer reviews and management approvals
* Provide support to exploration, production and business development portfolio management
* Ensure good communication, both written and verbal, including presentation of work with recommendations
* Maintain a high level of quality and consistency in the work done
* Coordinate with other team members in a New Business team environment
Skills & Experience
* Geological or Geophysical degree, MSc or higher.
* Considerable working experience within operating and non-operating G&G, working in multidisciplinary teams. Including exposure to farm-in/farm-out and data room evaluations
* An excellent and broad G&G knowledge base is essential with a strong focus on Business Development
* Effective communication skills (English), written & verbal
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated
* Team player - ability to contribute within an active group environment
* Ability to learn & adapt
* Results oriented; willing to make decision and accept accountability for results
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 87649.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.