This job is no longer available
As designer of the world’s most common 2-stroke engines MAN Diesel & Turbo has a huge responsibility in securing safe and reliable engines to a major part of the global ship transport. Our major customers are the world’s largest shipping companies and ship managers.
Our level of activity is growing and as a result, we have an open position as Manager at MAN Diesel │PrimeServ Copenhagen. The position promises challenging work related to our Technical Service on MAN B&W 2-stroke diesel engines, in close cooperation with our worldwide PrimeServ service organisation.
- Be a part of the management team in the Technical Service organisation.
- Take direct leadership of 10-15 travelling Superintendent Engineers.
- Take care of job delegation to the travelling staff in Technical Service.
- Attract and motivate new and current employees.
- Provide expertise to manage 2-stroke operational issues.
- Participate in customer events/meetings.
- Take part in the daily ad hoc technical problem solving and troubleshooting on the MAN Diesel engines.
- Provide technical advisory work to the vessel owners and our own worldwide organisation.
- The position requires approximately 20-40 days of travelling a year.
- A professional degree equivalent to a bachelor’s level or associate level in marine or mechanical engineering.
- Management experience.
- Have thorough professional experience in the field of marine engineering.
- Sound knowledge of and practical working experience related to MAN Diesel’s 2-stroke engines.
- Ability to work with professional confidence and a high degree of independency.
- Business minded attitude, with good planning and analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial flexible mindset combined with a high degree of customer orientation.
- Team player with a winning personality.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills are required.
- An exciting and challenging job in an international environment.
- Be part of a team with a common goal “it has to be fun while at work”.
- Attractive employment and salary package.
For further information about the position, please contact Senior Manager Michael Petersen on phone +45 3385 2080.
Please apply for the job by clicking "APPLY NOW". Application deadline: July 6, 2012
If you have questions regarding the recruiting process, please contact Ann Leikersfeldt at tel. +45 3385 1496.
Teglholmsgade 41, 2450 Copenhagen SV