This job is no longer available
87700 - Finance Analyst - Drilling
Our client is a significant oil and gas explorer, and producer, with major producing assets in Australia, the United Kingdom, the Gulf of Mexico (US), Algeria, Pakistan and Trinidad and Tobago.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Finance Analyst - Drilling, based in Perth, Australia.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional to join our client in Perth. This permanent position will support the Finance Supervisor with the provision and integrity of all accounting and financial planning, reporting, controlling, audit and cost recovery systems, procedures, personnel and other resources for Finance Drilling.
Our client will reward you with a supportive workplace culture, exciting career prospects and the opportunity to work on globally operated projects.
A generous remuneration package is offered commensurate with experience.
* Assist in preparation of detailed cost estimates for AFE submission toward obtaining internal and partner approval.
* Preparation and reporting of daily cost estimates with rig clerks and engineers, monitoring and improving accuracy of daily/monthly estimate reporting versus actual spend.
* Prepare end of well reconciliations for estimate versus actual variances.
* Respond to requests in all areas of drilling cost control including joint venture accounting, AFE reporting, commitment reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
* Analysis of drilling charges paid via Procure to Pay system ensuring appropriate authorisation and costing to wells.
* Review inventory costs for proper financial reporting, allocations and transfers required.
* Assisting World Wide Drilling (WWD) compliance with Client and Petroleum Approvals Framework via provision of advice to WWD management on appropriate approvals, accounting treatment and review of 1SAP financial authorities.
* Prepare monthly accruals for operating costs and capital expenditure.
* Prepare monthly reports and supporting variance analysis and commentary.
* Co-ordinating with Financial Controllers team for matters with respect to 1SAP master data maintenance, month end close, half and year end reporting, and balance sheet monitoring.
* Undertaking Control Self Assessments and supporting GAS audits.
Skills & Experience
* The successful candidate will have experience in a range of financial disciplines including management reporting and financial analysis. You will have considerable experience with 1SAP or another ERP system.
* Experience within the petroleum industry will be highly regarded. Achievement orientated and decisive, you will have strong interpersonal skills to be able to communicate collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
* Internal Company candidates without petroleum experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
* You will hold an undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance.
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 87700.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.