This job is no longer available
87787 - Stores Controller
Our client is a global leader in electronic security and fire protection. Employing over 80,000 people they operate in a variety of industries including maritime, mining & petrochemicals.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Stores Controller, based in Norwich.
To maintain orderly, efficient materials management providing adequate levels of general stocks and timely availability of scheduled contracted stocks.
* Manage Stores.
* Materials receipts and issues, issue contract materials, chase shortages.
* Stock control including input of data onto database system, develop minimum and maximum stock levels.
* Manage stores personnel on day-to-day basis.
* To ensure satisfactory receipt and inspection of goods inward for all materials as predetermined by the purchase order.
* To provide efficient issue of materials to production departments in scheduled quantities to scheduled timetables.
* To keep identified and separately stored, all non-compliant stocks, to effect documented reporting procedures relating to the same and carry out resultant instructions.
* To maintain a clear and orderly stores, adequately referenced and operating within stores security procedures
* To monitor and maintain records of purchase orders on hand, goods inspected and received, goods returned to supplier, stock issues to production, stock returned from production, materials both held and awaiting delivery against contract build-lists.
* Otherwise to assist the buyer in processing materials related operations.
* To load and unload materials/goods as and when required.
* Organise the collection of goods outward via carriers.
* Any other functions agreed from time to time with management.
* Ensure work practises comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act and Company policy.
* Shortages and stoppages due to shortages in kit list completion and general stock items.
* Advise variances in stock levels from fixed quantities on general stock items.
* Reporting efficiently and accurately on summaries of stock requirements, anticipated materials shortages and stock valuations.
* Minimising rectification work.
* Working as a team player to achieve the above.
* Achieving customer satisfaction.
* Assist manufacturing department as and when required.
Skills & Experience
* Stores Controller experience
* PC Word and Excel with good communications skills.
* Team player
* Good communications skills
* Target driven
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 87787.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.