This job is no longer available
79384 - HV Engineer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of HV Engineer, based in Wirral.
* Specification of Switchgear, Transformers and Protection/Control equipment for projects at 11kV, 33kV & 132kV
* Production of protection SLDs, philosophy diagrams and operational narratives
* Integration of package plant generation and electrical equipment into the overall electrical systems
* Definition of protection control interfaces and liaison with equipment vendors
* Contribute to electrical HAZOP and SIL assessments
* Provide technical input as part of a team on large projects and be assigned responsibility for individual tasks or all input on a defined area of a project
* Act as Lead Engineer on contracts under guidance of senior personnel when appointed by departmental management
* Act as Lead Engineer on tenders when appointed by departmental management and under guidance of senior personnel
* Understand and control man-hour expenditure for allocated tasks or defined areas of a project
* Support project planning to ensure that an integrated programme for the scope of work is developed at an early stage in the contract, and progress is monitored against it
* Ensure tasks are completed in accordance with programme dates and in sufficient time to allow engineering solutions to be fully developed and checked prior to issue
* Work within quality control system on projects ensuring engineering documents and schedules are produced and maintained.
* Interface management for inter-discipline information inter-change and insuring all discipline requirements are supported.
* Compile man-hour budgets on tenders for review by senior personnel prior to formal review
* Produce equipment specifications and system functional designs that are fit for purpose and satisfy client requirements and within the project budget
* Procurement and sub-contract support
* Technical bid evaluation and completion of evaluation schedules
* Co-ordinate and support design office in producing contract documentation
* Support inspection and test
* Produce O & M manuals
* Undertake site surveys as required
* Produce construction and commissioning documentation
* Provide site construction and commissioning support
* Specialist design activities as directed
* Provide innovation and value engineering input to enhance performance of proposals and solutions both in tender and contract where possible
* Encourage, through example, a supportive culture throughout the department, and develop understanding between engineering disciplines
Skills & Experience
* Extensive experience of power generation systems and equipment together with their associated HV protection schemes preferably up to 132kV
* Familiarity with HV equipment and practices applied to indoor and outdoor power station and substation equipment, including HV switchgear, transformers, cables, battery systems, earthing systems. protection systems (CTs, VTs, protection relays) and SCADA/DCS software-based control systems
* Familiar with production of testing and commissioning documentation
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 79384.