This job is no longer available
The role will interface with the commercial and operational organization (Internal sales, Branch Sales, Strategic Sales, Key Account Management), and also provide support to business reporting functions.
• Tenders: Responsible for all aspects of responding to bids, RFQ's, RFP's and RFI's including
o project leadership,
o supporting sales and marketing documents.
• Pricing & process: Responsible for process for estimates and quoting provided to customers
o Participate in an initiative to build a master pricing database for company
o Ensure operating standards and participate in programs for improvement
o Prepare ad-hoc analysis for special projects
o Assist in preparing analytical reports and queries for senior management
o Utilize financial tools required to better assess customer profitability and decision-making
o Utilize and maintain reporting/data integrity for both internal and external reporting needs
• Ocean Procurement:
o Manage/Organize shipper contracts and contract rates
o Make spot pricing recommendations to Commercial and /Operation teams
o Assists with rate negotiations for Tier1 and Tier 2 shipping lines
o Manage the service contract process in coordination with regional and global carrier management team, and be responsible for insuring compliance with contract terms (MQC's, etc.)
o Develop and provide continuous improvement in process for Ocean rates with Cluster and Global Carrier Management Team
• Procurement Process & Compliance:
o Assists with rate negotiations and RFQ's for road-haulier services
o Ensure compliance with applicable local laws and regulations; adherence to company procedures and policies.
o Ensure compliance and familiarity with all local Maritime regulations and any other regulatory agencies pertaining to the filing, publishing and application of tariff rules, terms, conditions and rates governing the procurement activities
· Degree: BA or BS
· Prior experience in procurement (3 years)
· General Ocean & Road freight pricing knowledge
· Familiarity with ocean carrier service contracts, tariffs and formatting
· Report writing
· Project management experience
· High proficiency with computer spreadsheet, word processing and presentation programs, as well as software that deals with pricing models.
· Strong understanding of transportation industry
· Good negotiator
· A strong execution minded manager with strong financial technical skills, analytical ability, good
· Judgment and strong operational focus including an understanding of systems.
· Excellent mathematical and analytical skills.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
· A well organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
Damco Logistics (Pty) Ltd is committed to Employment Equity and selection of suitably qualified and experienced candidates.