This job is no longer available
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL ANALYST - Americas Region
SVITZER is the largest company globallywithin towage, salvage and related services. We are 100% owned by theDenmark-based A.P. Moller/Maersk group -the world`s largest group of maritime companies. SVITZER Americas is growing steadilyand is now operating more than 50 vessels (tug boats and related vessels)throughout North, South, Central America & the Caribbean. We are looking toadd talented individuals to our finance team at the SVITZER Americas HeadOffice in Miami, Florida, USA.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accounting and Financial Analyst will be responsible for dayto day accounting, financial reporting and control issues within the numerousSVITZER Americas entities.
1. Accounting& Control
- Responsible for daily operationsof the country finance & accounting functions, ensuring timely and accurate completion of all finance and accounting tasks within each entity- Establish optimal procedures forlocal accounting & clerical functions to follow, and monitor same for adherenceto guidelines and constant improvement - Monitor and analyse monthlyoperating results for SVITER Americas entities against the budget, flagging items for follow-up and highlighting significant developments to senior managementwhen necessary
- Assist on the administration of working capital and cash management
- Preparation & coordination ofall required audits (internal & external)2. Reporting and Record Keeping
- Preparation of consolidated regionalfinancial reports to Group Finance in HFM. (Hyperion Financial Management) - Provide interface between localcountry management, Regional Management, & Group Finance in Copenhagen - Preparation of forecasts, managementreports and consolidated financial statements - Responsible for all required reportingto governmental institutions and authorities - Quality assurance of financialreporting from subsidiaries and joint ventures
- Keep records of work performedand all other contractual documentation3. Taxation
- Assist in tax strategies andassure proper tax compliance / reviews
- Prepare for and assist withfinancial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
- Assist Regional Finance Team withcontrol of all finance & accounting activities within the regionSKILLSREQUIRED - Theoretical background withhigher education i.e. BS or higher in Accounting/Auditing - 1-2 years of Audit Experience - Knowledge of/experience in auditing,finance, accounting, budgeting, & cost control principles - Knowledge of automatedfinancial and accounting reporting systems (HFM & Navision a plus), orability to pick these skills up very quickly - Ability to analyze financialdata and prepare financial reports, statements, consolidated accounts, andprojections - Knowledge of internationalaccounting standards and basics of international taxation - Self-motivated andwell-organized - Advanced knowledge of MS-Officeand consolidation tools
- Strong English and Spanishwritten and verbal communication skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality results within tight timeframesMust be flexible to travelinternationally (within the Americas) approx 25-40% of time.
All applicants should send resume/CV via email to:
About the company:
The SVITZER Group has a legacy of historical mergers between world leading operators, A/S Em. Z. Svitzer came together with Wijsmuller in August 2001 and with Adsteam in March 2007, and is one of the largest marine service companies in the world. SVITZER is a member of the A.P. Moller - Maersk Group and undertakes salvage jobs, ocean towage, port and terminal towage. The SVITZER Group has subsidiary companies in more than 35 countries, more than 4,000 employees, 500 vessels and a turnover of approx. DKK 4 billion per year.