This job is no longer available
** This is a 2 Year fixed term contract role to start ASAP**
The Lloyd's Register Group is a dynamic global business â€“ with offices in 246 locations covering 186 countries. We work hard to enhance safety at sea on land and in the air. Our aim is to ensure assets and systems are safe so our customers (and their customers) can get on with their everyday life.
We currently have a number of ongoing business change projects and therefore require a Project Accountant to support the PMO and Transformation Director with financial reporting, analysis and project forecasting on the major transformation projects. Job Responsibilities:
Your duties will include:
1. Weekly & Monthly reporting, variance analysis and insight into of expenditure on major transformation projects
2. Produce detailed spend curve forecasts of estimated cost of completion for individual projects and workstreams as directed by either the PMO or Transformation Director.
3. Provide Financial analysis on individual projects and workstreams to identify potential cost overruns or time slippage on major projects.
4. Prepare presentation material on the financial analysis of projects as requested.
5. Provide consolidated variance analysis, insight and forecasts into the monthly close process for Group Finance and FP&A.
6. Ad hoc financial analysis projects as requested by the PMO or Transformation Director. Job Requirements:
To be considered you must have previous proven experience of working in a project/change environment as well as:
1. Degree qualified with a management accounting background; a recognised professional finance qualification and experience of operating in an international finance function, within a medium to large matrix structure.
2. Significant experience of ERP and MIS systems at a â€˜hands onâ€™ level.
3. Experience of project accounting and techniques for forecasting the cost to complete projects as well as analysis for senior managers to control projects.
4. Exceptional Excel Skills & the ability to explain project costs, forecasts and the implications simply and concisely to senior managers.
5. Needs to be confident; influential; and be regarded as a trusted and credible resource by key stakeholders within finance.
6. Needs to be cultural sensitive in implementing Regional, Business Stream and people initiatives/ solutions
7. An enthusiastic and committed team player who can establish and maintain strong relationships with business leaders and across the Finance teams
9. Have a â€˜hands onâ€™ approach, visible across the businesses with good communication and other interpersonal skills.
10. Ability to build and maintain effective networks and relationships, both internally and externally and use these to inform organisational direction
11. Ability to drive results and operate effectively, demonstrating a sound skill in dealing with ambiguity.