This job is no longer available
To drive and provide operational as well as strategic leadership to achieve and/or maintain World Class Operations at APMT in Shanghai East Container Terminal Co. Ltd (SECT).
In close cooperation with partners to timely plan and propose adjustment of facilities or new facilities as may be required to meet projected demand.
Be responsible for the financial result of terminal operations in SECT, presently on basis of cost centre principle.
Manage APM Terminals' contractual and corporate relationships with relevant stakeholders.
Assist in forming and executing long term strategy for SECT.
· Define, develop and execute visions and strategy for SECT.
· Provide leadership and build a motivated and well trained organization, develop talent and have succession plans for key staff.
· Instill and uphold APMM values and standards in the organization.
· Implement and execute Process Excellence program.
· Employ and share Best Practices in terminal management.
· Achieve World Class Operations in costs, productivity, capacity utilizations and LTA frequency.
· Participate in board meetings.
· Ensure compliance with HSSE requirements, initiatives and policies and set targets for LTA.
· Promote innovation in organization.
· Develop marketing and sales strategies for SECT and have good customer service and relations with customers.
· Establish proper and transparent contractual relationships with vendors, suppliers and customers.
· Develop plans for expansion and business development if/when relevant and approved by board of directors.
Necessary to perform the requirements of the position:
· Proficient in both Chinese and English, good understanding of China culture
· Provide leadership and inspire others.
· Be commercially oriented and have operation and management experience with container terminals.
· Good understanding of the transport industry, specifically ports and container business.
· Have understanding of economy and finance.
· High energy, drive and interest in taking on new tasks.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Well-organized, timely, and persistent.
· Possess empathy, personal tact, cultural understanding and strong communication skills to strike a balance between State Own Enterprise and Foreign Own Enterprise mind sets to make the best decision in a highly ambiguous working environment.
Responsible for meeting targets set by APM Terminals APAC regional management and board of directors.
WORK AND BUSINESS CONTACTS:
· Various APM Terminals organizations and staff and APM Terminals joint ventures.
· Shipping lines, customers.
· Vendors, consultants etc.
· Relevant local governmental authorities including Unions.
· Relevant trade organizations.
· Other relevant organizations incl. competitors.
The following general accountabilities are also specific to APM Terminals:
· Develop the APM Terminals organization and interests adding shareholder value.
· Protect and develop the APM Terminals reputation through correct business and personal behavior.
· Adapt and apply APM Terminals values.
In this position, the incumbent will have an opportunity to acquire skills and knowledge in the following areas:
· Working with multiple stakeholders within and outside the organization.
· Building up a broad knowledge of the container terminal business and industry incl. world-class operation.
· Business Management.
Please contact Ms. Lene Kong at Lene.Kong@apmterminals.com