This job is no longer available
88012 - Pipeline Integrity Engineer
Our client is an international Oil & Gas exploration and production company. Employing over 900 people, they operate several producing properties as well exploration and development properties worldwide.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Pipeline Integrity Engineer, based in Nigeria.
* To work in global alignment with other regions, and disciplines, most especially the maintenance, consultancy, mechanical, and Materials and Corrosion disciplines.
* To work for Shell operating companies, joint ventures and non-Shell customers as activity leader or via other activity leaders within MMI, or from operational excellence and/or project groups.
* To be part of a learning organization in which it is rewarding to work, and knowledge is shared effectively across the regions and disciplines
* To lead or participate in pipeline related initiatives concerning reliability, availability, operability, integrity, technology deployment, remaining life assessments, etc.
* The candidate must be familiar with risk analysis, root cause methodology, and audit processes, and should have the competencies to peer review or lead multi-module audits, such as FAIR's.
* Risk and Reliability Analysis-includes Focussed Asset Integrity Reviews (FAIR's), including integrity management reviews and risk based inspection of upstream, downstream and gas assets.
* Inspection & Repair consultation on various pipeline inspection methods, technology gate keeping and analysis and interpretation of inspection results.
* Consultation on various pipeline repair methods, welding, and remediation.
* Project Support - provide technical support for capital projects, which will include non-destructive evaluation, and the set up of inspection strategies.
* Develop improved methodologies for risk-based inspection of pipelines,
* Develop and own best practices and engineering standards and assist site implementation globally,
* Establish competency requirements / profiles for both the team and site technical support personnel. Provide training to support the competency requirements.
Skills & Experience
* Candidate must be able to work with minimum supervision and be self-guided and self-motivated.
* Emphasis is placed on teamwork as well as individual contribution and delivery of value to customers.
* Candidate is expected to significantly contribute to the team's performance regarding business targets (revenue and profitability), and quality of rendered services.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to listen well, good organizational skills, self motivated to learn, successful experience working as part of a team being comfortable with change and being able to respond rapidly to it.
* University Degree (BS, MS, PhD) in Mechanical, Static, Civil, Materials Science, or equivalent, preferably with specialization in inspection, or fitness for service engineering.
* Vast experience in pipeline engineering and operation and maintenance activities in oil and gas production, transportation or processing systems and equipment.
* International exposure
* Experience in both Upstream and Downstream business sectors
* Experience in HSSE and/or quality systems management
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 88012.