This job is no longer available
88077 - Project Engineer
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Project Engineer, based in Rotterdam.
* Delivery of allocated engineering within the Central Engineering department and Tender department;
* Assisting and aiding in reinforcing, checking and expanding Company's standard engineering procedures/processes and documents;
* Completion of allocated project tasks in compliance with Company Engineering Standards, Safety Policies and Assurance objectives;
* Identification of all risks associated with the allocated engineering tasks;
* Procurement of materials and services to suit project specifications and Company contracting principles;
* Actively support other Company engineers when required;
* Preparation of installation engineering calculations to determine suitable installation methodologies and limiting criteria;
* Preparation of installation procedures after reviewing best practice for similar operations;
* Interface with Drawing Office to ensure timely preparation of drawings;
* Preparation of Lift Plans in compliance with Company Lifting Operations procedure;
* Preparation of deck equipment layouts and seafastening design calculations including detail design of any grillage, winch base and outrigger requirements;
* Preparation of ITT, technical assessment of proposals received and technical support for placement of PO and subcontracts in compliance with Company commercial principles;
* Specification and ordering of suitable installation equipment for the calculated loads;
* Present allocated engineering task project engineering details at Technical Review, Operations Review and HIRA;
* Interface with Client, Independent Verification Authority and Marine Warranty Surveyor;
* Interface with marine department and vessel to obtain approvals for deck layouts, deck loading and issue of lift certificates where applicable.
Skills & Experience
* Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent in a relevant Engineering or Science based discipline;
* Current Offshore Survival & Medical;
* Considerable engineering/tendering experience, proven track record of working in the oil and gas industry for a leading offshore oil and gas contractor;
* Clear and effective oral and written communication skills in English language;
* Flexibility in switching between different types of engineering and other required duties;
* Hands-on mentality.
* Project Engineers are also expected to have robust experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Project Engineering - pipeline, umbilical or structure installation;
* Procurement, fabrication supervision and installation of rigid pipeline, flexible pipe, umbilicals/power cables and structures;
* Survey/Utility vessel installation engineering and procedures;
* IRM Works;
This is a permanent position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 88077.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.