This job is no longer available
85636 - Procurement QC Coordinator
Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Employing over 100,000 personnel in around 90 countries their strategy is to reinforce their position as a leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Procurement QC Coordinator, based in Malaysia.
* Manage and execute audits of the design processes.
* Promote Company's Goal Zero initiative, focus to ensure full compliance with Safe Journey Management requirements and the 12 Worksite Life Saving Rules.
* Interface with the Project Team and Contractor to facilitate the execution of procurement quality procedures and work processes required to meet project needs/goals.
* Champion and support development where needed for the use of effective work processes and best practices.
* Mentor and train Malaysian staff within discipline and further develop technical expertise within the inspection community.
* Manage the inspection budget; ensure costs are adequately controlled and tracked. Provide updates to CTRs as needed.
* Participate in constructability reviews, procurement strategies, Contractor/Vendor pre-qualifications, and attend pre-award meetings.
* Ensure processes are in place to incorporate inspections into vendor ITPs.
* Liaise with the Company Classification and Certification focal points to promote synergy and avoid duplications in inspections.
* Liaise with the Project Team on procurement quality issues (including suppliers).
* Attend Procurement Meetings as the Quality representative for vendor and supplier supplied items. (including Marine Systems, may include some structural castings).
* Hold training sessions on Company Deepwater engineering specifications, Flawless Project Delivery program and quality issues and learning's.
* Support the Deepwater installation and mooring vendor equipment inspection effort (needs further discussion but a good opportunity for consistency).
* Manage and Coordinate the Company vendor / supplier inspection program.
* Communicate consistent safety expectations and or programs for fabricators/vendors.
* Assure the system for distribution of AFC information (drawings, specifications, etc.) is implemented and working properly.
* Review Deepwater bid specifications, ensure vendor drawings and welding procedures are approved.
* Develop inspection strategies and assign inspectors to avoid unnecessary cost or schedule delays.
Skills & Experience
* Excellent communication skills .
* Be able to demonstrate Enterprise First behaviors.
* Strong service provision mindset with a "customer" focus.
* Ability to work under tight schedules.
* Ability to influence others.
* Adequate fitness and health to meet offshore worker requirements.
* Extensive experience on oil & gas with experience in offshore preferred.
* Strong background on management of contractor and liaising with suppliers.
* Experience in inspection coordination and management of supplier products.
* Extensive background on quality implementation, in terms of complying with project specific requirements, industry standards and regulatory requirements.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 85636.