This job is no longer available
We are currently looking for a Procurement Manager, who will manage the supply chain supporting APM Terminals Gothenburg. High focus will be put on reliability & availability, safety and total cost of ownership. The person will be responsible for Procurement of all inventory, supplies, services and capital goods for the company including negotiating price, delivery and credit terms. Furthermore the positionholder will ensure that adequate controls are in place by achieving transparency in procurement procedures and policies. APM Terminals investment in the container terminal in Gothenburg is substantial in amounts and is of strategic importance.
The position will offer:
• Vast personal and professional challenges in a dynamic, team-oriented and rapidly developing company.
• Influence on decision making process.
• Building up a broad knowledge of the business through interaction with various external and internal parties.
• Significant potential to career development in an international company that works in a global organization across borders.
Ensure that every dollar spent is spent professionally and that we always procure right price, right quality and on time.
- Define and implement longer term procurement strategy supporting the company vision and strategy.
- Establish and manage a professional procurement department. Key spend areas will be Container Handling equipment, Cranes, facility management, spare parts and IT.
- Establish proper segregation of duties between who specifies, negotiates and pay for goods and services.
- Facilitating the transition from functional departments procuring to central procurement. Drive change and professional procurement by centralizing, standardizing and maximizing the use of supporting procurement entities & tools available in the Group (Group Procurement, E-sourcing, etc.)
Preferred qualifications and skills:
Degree in business management, economics, accounting, or related discipline.
A minimum of five to seven years of procurement experience, preferably in shipping or transportation industry.
Excellent level of stakeholder management.
- Strong experience in managing & using inventory control systems.
- Sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
- Requires verbal and written communications skills in English (advanced level) and Swedish.
For more information, please contact Kristina Lindstrom-Spjut, tel 4610-122 21 33 from the 6th of August and onwards. Before that you could contact Eva Wictor-Olofson, 4610-122 21 54.