This job is no longer available
88771 - Senior Production Geologist
Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Employing over 100,000 personnel in around 90 countries their strategy is to reinforce their position as a leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Production Geologist, based in India.
* Undertake reservoir geological characterization of reservoir flow units and 3D static modeling studies as input to dynamic modeling, to high technical standards and incorporate relevant aspects of other disciplines.
* Undertake integrated reservoir studies to define future development opportunities and reserves potential. This will require working in an integrated discipline team using the latest static and dynamic reservoir modeling technology. Provide G&G input to subsequent Field Development Plans and STOIIP/Reserve revisions.
* Accountable for the production geology work content and quality in a given integrated project/study. Ensure full seamless integration with the other subsurface disciplines and surface as appropriate. Ensure the transfer to and acceptance of the work by the customer.
* Involved with the scoping of new projects, their project framing and negotiations with our potential customers.
* Versatile in the application of static reservoir modelling techniques (and tools like PETREL) to a range of reservoirs and integrated reservoir problems.
* Coach less experienced staff
* Work under significant time pressure in an integrated team delivering projects to clients.
Skills & Experience
* University degree in Geosciences.
* Extensive experience in Production Geology in field development teams, and related subsurface evaluation work in a variety of geological settings.
* A proven track record in the formulation, construction and execution of field development plans and participation in integrated field studies and reservoir modelling exercises, with proven experience in working in integrated multi disciplinary teams.
* Skilled in integrating geophysical (QI), sedimentological, petrophysical, structural and production data into a static model and experienced in discussing the impacts of these on the reservoir flow behaviour with the reservoir engineers.
* Have knowledge in the following core discipline areas of Sedimentology, Stratigraphy and / or Structural Geology with a good understanding of the others.
* A high level of appreciation of the impact these field studies have on field development and business decisions.
* Strong reservoir modeling skills based on hands-on usage of PETREL, together with a sound grasp of all latest PG technologies.
* A good level of knowledge in Seismic Interpretation would be beneficial.
* Excellent communication skills and Technical Report Writing skills
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 88771.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.