This job is no longer available
88751 - Engineering Technician
Our client is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies. Employing over 100,000 personnel in around 90 countries their strategy is to reinforce their position as a leader in the Oil & Gas industry.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Engineering Technician, based in New Orleans.
These are long term career opportunities to join one of the world's largest and most successful companies. With this role the client are offering career prospects with promotion opportunities.
* Maintain data integrity of operational reporting within OpenWells database; includes time, cost, and scope components:
* Initialization of Wells and Projects
* Daily QA/QC of reports - conformance with the client's GoM Guidelines and Red Book standards
* Operational content
* Operational time coding (phases, tasks, activities, depths, BOP tests, pressure testing, etc.)
* Critical/non-critical path hours (dual derrick rigs)
* Validate Reports (daily, casing, cementing, wellbore equipment, perforation, stimulation, gravel pack, wellhead and others)
* NPT Identified and correctly coded to root cause
* Equipment Failure details to root cause
* NPT Depths identified, start/stop times accurate
* Cost Data - daily QC of GL Accounts, Vendors, Tangibles, IDC, Operational knowledge transferred to cost data QC (lost returns = > mud $, run casing = tangible casing cost, lost BHA, etc.
* Rig team Point of Contact for all cost data requests/queries from/to Project Services staff
* AFE to Field to SAP Audits
* Rig team Point of Contact for Rig Document Control
* Follow-up on data requests & corrections to Field
* Engineering ad hoc requests
* Performance Reporting: Weekly Ops, End of Event, End of Well scorecards, etc.
* Utilize Profile to Validate WB Schematics
* Assist Engineers in retrieval and analysis of current, historical, and offset data
* Mentor WSL/Engineers/Rig Clerks - performance data, benchmarking, GoM requirements
* Ensure partner reporting
* Identify EDM/OpenWells workflows, database & configuration issues for future updates
* Contribute to GoM Reporting Standards Common Practice (Red Book) Refresh
* Attend Rig Call, WSL, D&C Technologist, Cost meetings
* Field Visits for training WSL/Rig Clerks when necessary (Houma or Rig)
Skills & Experience
* Significant previous experience in a Drilling and Completion Technologist role
* Strong working knowledge of drilling and completion engineering, operations, equipment, and terminology
* Advanced user in EDM OpenWells
* Proficient with EDM Data Analyzer and the ability to analyze drilling and completion performance data
* MS Excel - Advanced (pivot tables, functions, etc)
* MS PowerPoint - Advanced
* Analytical Skills
* Good communication, proactive, enthusiastic, engaged behaviours
Please note that applicants with previous technician experience in the oil and gas industry are also welcomed.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 88751.