This job is no longer available
We experience strong growth and we need to have further qualified resources at our Copenhagen office, where you will become part of an efficient and dedicated team which appreciates positive attitude and commitment.
You will join our technical department, responsible for technical operation of our fleet of chemical tankers.
As Technical Superintendent your main responsibilities will be to:
• Secure day-to-day technical support to a group of vessels
• Plan and conduct technical inspections, repair and dry dockings
• Prepare and follow up on budgets
• Plan and approve purchases
• Monitor and follow up on technical reports from vessels
In order to qualify for the position we expect you to have:
• Preferable experience from a similar position from a ship owning or ship management company
• A Class 1 (Engine) certificate of competency
• Preference for travelling as we expect travelling days to be up to 90 days a year
We are looking for applicants who are thorough, efficient and responsible. As the position involves a high level of interaction with our seafarers and many other partners in the shipping business, it is important that you like to travel, have good communication skills and are able to both listen and be assertive. You are a team player and at the same time able to work independently with your own tasks.
Nordic Tankers is a ship owning company operating close to 130 chemical tankers, and carries out the technical management of approx. 1/3 of these.
To meet our ambition of being among the leading global operators of chemical tankers, we continually strive to attract, maintain and develop competent and focused employees. An effective and dedicated team of approx. 150 people works in our offices in Denmark, France, Lithuania, USA, Colombia and Singapore and adds actively to a secure, reliable and qualitative operation.