This job is no longer available
88846 - Piping Shop Engineering Technician
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Piping Shop Engineering Technician, based in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada.
Reporting to the Mechanical Outfitting (MO) Shop Engineering Lead, the Piping Shop Engineering Specialist will be responsible for the development and execution of the structural prefabrication scope and responsible for the quality of fabricated products. Responsibilities also include overseeing Safety, Security, Health & Environment (SSHE) within the MO Shop Engineering Team.
* Promote Safety, Security Health, & Environment (SSHE)
* Advise employees on site regarding safe working standards and safe housekeeping
* Maintain detailed knowledge of scopes of work, and support subcontractors
* Assist the subcontractor to use MIPS
* Ensure piping job card descriptions are clear and understood by the subcontractor
* Ensure specifications and procedures are followed at the fabrication site
* Ensure compliance with the established prefab plan and schedule
* Ensure progress reporting into MIPS is carried out correctly
* Ensure effective communication with engineering, and subcontractors
* Participate in weekly Safely walkabouts and workshops
* Advise on working methods, tools and equipment to ensure safe and effective execution of the scope of work
* Implement corrective actions when necessary
* Review subcontractors documentation
Skills & Experience
* Candidates are required to have a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or relevant discipline (required knowledge in piping)
* Engineering offshore oil and gas experience
* Previous GBS construction experience
* Knowledge of GBS construction execution program
* Knowledge of materials, tools and equipment used in offshore installations
* Knowledge of the software program MIPS
* Ability to mentor and train team members
* Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively within an integrated project team
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 88846.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.