This job is no longer available
88858 - TAR Planner/Scheduler
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of TAR Planner/Scheduler, based in Houston and offshore Gulf of Mexico.
This assignment will be both onshore (Houston) and offshore - 50/50. Will start out in Houston then will rotate offshore (14/14 rotation). Offshore trips while based in Houston may also be required.
* Perform Turnaround Planning and Scheduling.
* Work with offshore key team members to develop the TAR scope
* Responsible for creating and maintaining the detailed Execution Work Pack
* Work with the TAR Scheduler to ensure the Execution Work Pack activities are in the Primavera Schedule
* Adhere to Engineering and Projects (E&P) Segment Specifications
* Adhere to CVP for TAR business and project processes.
* Provide information to ensure the development of proper estimates and cost forecasts within a project stage.
* Responsible for daily updates in Primavera and daily reports as needed
* Responsible for review and preparation of other Organizations Work Packs for execution
* Assist in "what if" scenarios in the execution schedule and document contingency plans in Execution Work Packs
* Mentor & coach others on schedule controls, as well as TAR philosophy to aid project delivery.
* Manage work orders and track material within Maximo System or similar Maintenance Management System
* Participate in Constructability Reviews as required
Skills & Experience
* Be able to work a rotational schedule in the Gulf of Mexico
* Be able to pass water survival
* Willing to travel to and from jobsite in helicopter or boat
* Be able to lift 50lb climb ladders and stairs for field walk downs
* Gulf of Mexico experience helpful but not required.
* The candidate must understand basic Construction Management practices the ability to utilize the tools that support this process.
* Past experience of performing project services or control functions.
* Experience working with small teams and contractors.
* Previous experience with a scheduling tool Primavera P6 a plus
* Significant planning/scheduling construction background (Mechanical emphasis)
* Computer literacy required (Word & Excel).
* High School Diploma
* Fluency in English.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 88858.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.