This job is no longer available
88943 - Materials Planner
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Materials Planner, based in Cramlington.
Forming part of the material planning team, the main responsibilities are to order materials and engineered parts for our products produced in the manufacturing sites. Working closely with manufacturing/customer support/warehouse teams to ensure on time deliveries from all suppliers. Preparation and issue of production schedules, collate and report monthly performance figures as required by the planning department.
Skills & Experience
* Precision, accuracy and attention to detail
* Technical familiarity with Excel, Word, Access, ERP System and Crystal reports
* Responsive to customer queries with a "can do" attitude.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Knowledge and experience of manufacturing improvement techniques
* Experience and knowledge of the construction/plant industry is desirable
* Practical and logical nature in order to gain full knowledge and understanding of product
* Ability to work on own and as part of a team and be proactive
* Must be able to prioritise and plan own workload ensuring the needs of the customer are always put first
* Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes pressured environment
* "Pull" approach to purchasing
This is a permanent position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 88943.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.