This job is no longer available
89017 - Operations/Well Planning Geologist
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Operations/Well Planning Geologist, based in Sunbury.
Reporting to the New Wells Delivery Manager, the Operations/Well Planning Geologist is responsible for providing the subsurface support while planning, executing and reviewing the drilling activity for the wells drilled.
* Geological and well planning input for New Well Delivery programmes
* Providing input to tendering and contracting processes, including but not limited to:-
* Preparation and discussion of services Scope of Work for Request For Quotation (RFQs)
* Review subsurface data components of received tenders, e.g. Mudlogging, Wireline, Lwd, Coring
* Prepare technical and cost comparisons of received tenders
* Provide support as required for tendering and contract process
* Review the Job Initiation Documents (JIDs) for New Wells, in association with Geologist, including but not limited to:-
* Advice on data acquisition programs
* Proposing cost-effective or improved quality alternatives for data acquisition
* Review nearby wells to optimise well trajectory and targets
* Discussing target/surface locations with respect to surface obstructions, with input from GIS Data Management
Skills & Experience
* Geoscience degree with extensive experience as Well Planning/Operations Geologist
* Proactive work ethic - does things before being asked to or forced to by events
* Demonstrates a clear understanding of the business context then acts accordingly
* Demonstrates shared commitment to the success of the team and the wider organisation
* Anticipates future situations and plans ahead to meet them
* Ability to identify problems and assimilate complex data to resolve those problems
* Excellent communications skills
* Experience with vertical, deviated, extended reach and horizontal drilling
* Planning and execution of geological programmes for development wells
* Experience with Risk Management and creation of Mitigation plans for drilling activities.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 89017.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.