This job is no longer available
To carry out a range of activities to Support best practice Risk Management within the Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) project. To support the Controls Manager in developing effective risk (both threat and opportunity) management processes for the BAE SystemsImportant
To carry out a range of activities to Support best practice Risk Management within the Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) project.The Job
Key Technical Skills;
1. Organise and run project meetings and reviews to further the management of risks and including realisation of opportunities;
2. Act as the interface to the Projects risk data application (ARM), maintain risk records & risk register, raising new risks and updating existing risks, as advised by the ‘risk owner' and/or Alliance Management Team (AMT) sponsor;
3. Ensure that ARM ‘responses' (e.g. mitigation actions) are carried out in a timely manner;
4. Communicate the risk information held in ARM to the project team on a regular basis;
5. Liaise internally and with Alliance colleagues regarding the allocation of risks to the appropriate ownership;
6. Ensure that risks and issues not covered within the scope of the Alliance risk data application are suitably recorded and managed within the project's processes, i.e. ETC's and the Business Risk Register.
Key Leadership/People Management Skills
Positive communication skills, problem solving competence, high levels of self-motivation. An ability to communicate clearly & concisely both verbally & written.
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills;
• Drive & Commitment;
• Direction & Purpose;
• Innovation & Problem Solving;
• Self Confidence;
• Team Working.
Top 6 Major Tasks and Activities;
1. Maintain and implement the Risk and Opportunity Management Plan, including individual Risk Register Records where appropriate;
2. Prepare and maintain a consolidated Risk and Opportunity Register, for the duration of the project which reflects the risk exposure on the project and ensuring records achieve a level of consistent integrity;
3. Provide Risk Management and Risk Register reports to the Board, Phase Review deliverables and customer as required;
4. Ensure risk review is performed as part of the monthly project reporting cycle with a focus on risk management; contingency, top ten threats/opportunities profile, Balanced Scorecard;
5. Select, implement and maintain Risk Data Application and associated risk analyser toolset;
6. Provide risk management training and support to Project Team.
Additional Key Accountabilities -
1. Objectively assess, and propose developments to, the Risk Management process, satisfying internal management requirements, Aircraft Carrier Alliance (ACA) reporting requirements and relevant professional body guidelines. This is to include the process used to manage existing issues, and the realisation of opportunities;
2. Be a member of ACA Risk Management community, attending meetings and workshops, and undertaking actions as necessary;
3. Ensure that the project risk process is fully documented and communicated to all relevant parties.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK