This job is no longer available
88742 - Principal Systems Engineer
Our client is a centre of scientific and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Principal Systems Engineer, based in Reading.
* Accountable for the development of requirements as necessary dependent on the project stage, defining the V&V strategy and associated activities.
* Accountable for establishing the basis for and creation of the Project(s) Integrated, Test Evaluation and Acceptance Plan (ITEAP).
* Accountable for establishing a robust, verifiable and traceable evidence trail demonstrating design coherence against requirements at all levels throughout the project lifecycle.
* Engage with stakeholders, users and other stakeholders as required in order to ensure a full and complete set of requirements are captured.
* Responsible for ensuring the most appropriate and cost effective V&V strategy is applied to the Project(s).
* Implementing the Requirements capture, validation and verification process effectively, proportionately and economically for the nominated Project(s).
* Responsible for ensuring requirements have appropriate and robust test methods and acceptance criteria applied.
* Responsible for ensuring application and adherence to Company Standards and Procedures.
* Reporting on Requirements and V & V status to Senior Management and key stakeholders.
* Responsible for providing active assistance and expert advice whenever, and to whoever requires it.
* Provide leadership, expertise and on-going support to the Requirements capture, V & V team, responsible for managing both workload and resources.
Skills & Experience
* Degree in Engineering or related discipline strongly preferred - . demonstrable competence and experience is key.
* HNC/HND standard may be acceptable if supported by demonstrable competence and experience.
* Demonstrable full project lifecycle experience at a senior and accountable level.
* Excellent understanding of the suitability of systems solutions along with demonstrated experience in reviewing and advising on them.
* A full understanding of the techniques and their appropriateness for particular systems.
* Demonstrated experience in reviewing, advising on and approving functional analysis.
* Acknowledged authority in the elicitation and management of requirements.
* Extensive experience in creating and reviewing systems and sub-systems requirements specifications.
* Excellent understanding of compliance and the validity of requirements.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Interface Management Techniques.
* Ability to implement interface management.
* Experience in reviewing and approving interface management strategies.
* Demonstrable experience in negotiating on the issue of interface complexity.
* Demonstrable ability in problem solving.
* Acknowledged authority in the verification and validation of requirements and designs.
* Extensive experience of acting as an authority in the development of validation strategies.
* Demonstrated ability to write verification and validation plans for complex systems.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 88742