This job is no longer available
89057 - Preservation Technician (Mechanical)
Our client is a major Oil & Gas exploration and production company.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Preservation Technician (Mechanical), based in Oman.
Ensure effective implementation of preservation activities within the Project. The scope covers all mechanical equipment and systems within on plot and off plot facilities including but not limited to all pumps, compressors, fans, air coolers, heat exchangers, vessels, tanks, pipeworks, pipelines, Passive Cooling shelters and all items stored inside ware house. Installation of name tag on valves and SAP number on spare parts at the warehouse.
* Ensure compliances with storage, preservation and protection requirements of all static and rotating equipment at site including items stored in warehouse such as spares, stators/rotors and instruments, etc.
* Inspection of equipment on receipt to ensure preservation was not compromised and re-application where preservation has been damaged or missed out (supplier and contractor assistance shall be used where required)
* Witness and verify Contractor preservation activities to ensure that preservation is performed to the approved standards during MC scope. Support and guide Contractors personnel where necessary.
* Apply preservation where not applied or where the preservation has been removed to allow construction and pre-com activities.
* Liaise with CSU team to ensure preservation status updates, requirements and activities are maintained. Reinstate/perform preservation as appropriate/required.
* Execute preservation routines and maintain preservation matrix/catalogue/check sheets/tracking register for all identified items requiring preservation.
* Maintain consumables required for preservation activities.
* Interface with other Operations and Commissioning maintenance team to coordinate breakdown or routine maintenance work and support for implementation rotating equipment maintenance and reliability strategies.
* Perform regular heath check/ audits to ensure spare parts condition / preservation is assured, stock levels are maintained and obsolete equipment are removed. Pay particular attention to critical rotating elements.
* Participate in risk assessments and toolbox talks. Ensure full compliance with health and safety and environmental policies and regulations at all times.
* Report to Preservation Engineer on status of daily activities and work progress.
* Understand PEFS (PI&D) and be able to read and determine tag names.
* Installation of tag names on valves, SAP number on spare parts and arrangement of spares in the warehouse.
Skills & Experience
* Diploma or equivalent Mechanical discipline
* Considerable relevant experience as Preservation or Mechanical maintenance technicians
* Must have working knowledge of HSE and engineering standards.
* Having valid driving license is an added value.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 89057.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.