This job is no longer available
89071 - Project Planning Manager, Subsea & Marine
Our client is a leading worldwide marine solutions company with fabrication facilities placed throughout the world.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Project Planning Manager, Subsea and Marine, based in Baku.
* Be the right hand man for the Project Manager/Director & Project Controls Manager, aid in providing the project status, forecast of the future, and definition of alternatives.
* Must have a thorough understanding of the contract requirements of the project they are assigned to.
* Keep the Area Planning Manager informed of the personnel and training requirements of Project Planning personnel assigned to them.
* Ensure that the schedule impact of individual changes and the cumulative impack of all changes are evaluated.
* Prepare a practical and achievable project schedule at the outset.
* Ensure that the project starts with and maintains an overall integrated Level 3 schedule with appropriate links.
* Liaise with the construction manager to ensure that the Fabrication, Offshore, Hookup and Pre-commissioning schedules are done in enough detail and that Required on Site dates for engineering deliverables, materials and subcontract services are clearly established.
* Liaise with the engineering and procurement managers to ensure that the engineering deliverables register is maintained with the plan, forecast and actual dates for various milestones
* Ensure that resource planning is done adequately and the project is staffed with appropriate and adequate personnel.
* Proactively manage the schedule; review and use late reports and look ahead reports to achieve same; progress the schedule on an ongoing basis and analyse impact
* Set up a progress and measurement mechanism which is reflective of physical progress made
* Ensure that progress is measured on a weekly basis for all aspects of the project
* Ensure that the progress curves and reports are made and distributed internally and externally on a timely basis.
* Initiate and maintain project metrics (Project Success Index)on an ongoing basis. Review and recommend appropriate action to the project manager
* Aid the Project Controls Manager by being "forecast conscious"; ask the question "how does this event affect the forecast?"
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 89071.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.