This job is no longer available
· Own financial responsibility of the warehousing and distribution product
· Work with labor providers to ensure performance and safety expectations are complied with.
· Successfully manage the shipping, receiving and storage functions of the warehouse.
· Ensure proper updates on WMS systems
· Ensure processing of all inbound and outbound cargo is timely and accurate.
· Keep accurate documentation of O, S, and D (over, short, damaged) cartons.
· Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
· Review and analyze production report, research errors and recommend/ implement corrective action.
· Coordinate and communicate quality, cost, and service objectives to other key areas of the business unit.
· Establish a safe environment and continually promote safety culture throughout the facility to ensure compliance with Federal and State Safety Regulations.
· Maintain sound maintenance and repair program.
· Maintains open communication with all employees and conduct department meetings consistently.
· Evaluate the feasibility of new or revised systems and procedures, and oversees audits/budgets to ensure compliance with established standards.
· Manage, develop, and cross-train Damco Warehousing and Distribution employees.
· Manage and run WND related equipments efficiently and keep in sound condition with respect to wear and tear
· Ensure that comprehensive security of the warehouse facilities, including controlled access/egress procedures, security of cargo movements within and to/from the warehouse, and implementation of security measures to secure cargo storage.
· Strong candidates are assertive, adaptable and resilient
· Strong multi-tasking and problem solving abilities
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with reading performance and P and L reports
· Team player attitude
· Flexibility to work nights, holidays, weekends, and shift work
· 5 years of prior work experience in a distribution center and 3 years of prior supervisor/managerial experience
· Proficient in Word, Excel, and other database spreadsheets.
· Familiarity of Warehouse Management Systems
· Familiarity with warehousing running equipment
· Ability to set up a warehouse on own
· Team leader - Customer Centric - Flexibility to work nights, holidays, weekends, and shift work when so required
· Fully conversant with HSSE procedures, and compliance to local laws/regulations (OSHA) regarding same.
· Knowledge of quality certifications (HACCP or ISO) will be a definite advantage.
Damco Logistics (Pty) Ltd is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity. Preference will be given to the appointment of local suitably qualified candidates who will add to the diversity of our organisation at all levels.