This job is no longer available
81094 - Cost Manager/Engineer
Our client is one of the world's leading energy companies. Operating on five continents, they employ over 70,000 people worldwide.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Cost Manager/Engineer, based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
* Provide Costing assistance to the Lead Cost Engineer during the Project lifecycle
* Compliance to Cost Reporting Systems and manage all commercial aspects of the contract
* Develop Work Breakdown Structures ensuring that the project stakeholders at all levels are co-ordinated and monitored to achieve key milestones
* Maintain up to date cost information by which the project can be effectively controlled in all areas within agreed budgets
* Produce cash flows and financial reports throughout the Project lifecycle
* Prepare cost forecast, evaluate commercial reports and making project, company and commercial recommendations
* Compliance to Change Management System
* Liaison with discipline team leaders with regard to the compilation and submission of variations to contract
* Liaison with Client to agreement contact sum, valuations, variations and final account
* Commercial administration of Subcontracts
* Bid Document Preparation (incl BOQ)
* Preparation of sub-contract enquiries, evaluating sub-contract tenders and making recommendations
* Preparing and placing sub-contracts
* Sub-contract administration, including processing monthly payment applications, agreeing variations and final account, preparing cost forecasts, evaluating, negotiating and making recommendations on sub-contractor claims
* Preparation and submission of all interim applications to the client
* Preparation of estimates
* Preparation and Submission of Variations to the Contract
* Preparation, submission and agreeing of Final Account
* The individual must be able to work on their own initiative and deliver projects on a tight time scale and cost efficient budget
Skills & Experience
* BSc (Honours) in Quantity Surveying
* Membership of relevant professional organisation is preferred
* Considerable post graduate experience in pre/post contract cost management/QS role
* Computer literate, especially Excel and Word
* Experience in a similar position within the Oil, Gas and Power Industries
* Written and spoken English
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 81094.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.