This job is no longer available
89241 - Interface Coordinator
Our client is an international Oil & Gas company providing energy worldwide. Operating facilities and marketing products in the majority of the world's countries, they also carry out exploration for oil and natural gas in six continents.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Interface Coordinator, based in Houston.
The Interface Coordinator develops, implements, and monitors the effectiveness of the project interface management process. Interface management typically involves the coordination of multiple EPC contractors involved in a large-scale oil and gas development project. It may also involve interfaces with host governments, agencies and co-venturers. The Interface Coordinator monitors the performance of interface deliverables and works with the Sub-Project Managers to resolve interface issues.
* Manages interfaces on technical issues with senior government departmental heads (Secretaries and Directors) and co-venturers (significantly with the oil operator) and coordinates technical inputs from geosciences and drilling.
* Implement project wide Interface Management program based on EMCAPS standard process and lessons learned from other projects
* Define and steward interface management plans to ensure resolution of key interface issues
* Ensure consistent and effective implementation of interface management plans applied project wide Providing direction to sub-project interface coordinators for implementation of interface management processes
* Review and endorse contractors' interface management plans and procedures
* Ensure that Contractors maintain comprehensive registers of interface requirements and update status regularly
* Provide guidance to contractors as needed for alignment with all interfacing partners
* Technically assess criticality of interfaces and issues associated with late or missing information
* Work with Sub-Project Managers to resolve any contractual issues/ change orders around interfaces
Skills & Experience
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering Field
* 3 years experience in project activities related to oil and gas production and development
* Effective communication and presentation skills Must be able to work in multicultural environment
* Knowledge of EMCAPS elements and implementation
* Good interpersonal skills
* Strong work ethic; self-motivated with excellent work organization skills
This is a contract position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 89241.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.