This job is no longer available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Controls Engineer to join a major industrial support partner of the Royal Navy.Important
Fully conversant with Project Controls and Earned Value Management.The Job
To provide project controls support to the management team within the Queen Elizabeth Class (QEC) project management office (PMO). Taking day-to-day direction from the Project Controls Manager, whilst maintaining a functional project link to the project managers and project schedulers.
The role encompasses the responsibility for monitoring the IFS project structures to support the internal and external Aircraft Carrier Alliance (ACA) project reporting. To fulfil these activities there is requirement to work closely with other project control teams from across the organisation.
• Monitor the QEC project structures in IFS
• Ensure Babcock Marine system data is aligned with the cost model and any variances are documented
• To ensure that the QEC project reporting deliverables are met
• Maintain the QEC change management database
• Day to Day interaction with members of the management teams within other BM business units
• To support in the development of robust project controls and metrics to supplement the business allowing timely decision making
• To ensure suitable project control process maps are maintained for area of responsibility
• To ensure Corporate Governance documentation is maintained and advise on enhancements where weaknesses are apparent.
• To assist in collating Integrated Baseline Review information for the ACA assessors
• Responsible for updating the QEC control account plans for the nominated control account managers within Rosyth
• Complete Variance analysis and complete agreed corrective actions
• Robust Project Baseline Change management
• Support QEC Project Management with timely and accurate data reporting and interpretations
• Update and maintain project governance structures and documentation
• Liaise with the Business Units to collate the monthly progress data
• Liaise, when required, with Aircraft Carrier Alliance partners
• Responsible for Validating monthly progress data
• Assist in preparation of the QEC Programme Monthly Report pack, ensuring all inputs for PMO reporting are provided in a timely fashion
• Responsible for Producing performance reports based upon the monthly progress data
• Attendance at the monthly project controls forum if required
• Responsible for Compiling the ACA functional variance report iaw ACA thresholds and requirements for nominated area
• Conversant with the Project Control environment from governance through performance management of and closure
• Conversant with Earned Value Management principles and technique
• Experience of the IFS
• Interpersonal and communication skills.
• Adaptability, initiative and problem solving capability.
• Ability to work under pressure in an environment, which expects high levels of confidentiality and ethical behaviour.
• Knowledge of planning and accounting practices would be desirable.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK