This job is no longer available
Purpose / General Responsibilities
· To be responsible for overall airfreight business within Europe · The Regional Airfreight Manager is co-responsible for the P&L of the airfreight business in Europe. He is responsible for the selection of airfreight resources and operating models in the branches. · Close collaboration with the Route Managers and CEN Airfreight is a critical part of the role. · Member of the Global Airfreight Board
· Expand and explore new market opportunities · Accountable to manage, develop and expand the Airfreight business, providing direction and leadership to ensure profitable growth with satisfactory cash flow · Ensure all global and regional policies and procedures are effectively implemented and adhered to · Design monthly management report that will communicate key successes/challenges to Regional and CEN management team and broader business. · Establish and maintain relationship with airlines and other subcontractors to support our service.
· Manage airfreight operations to ensure error-free service and most efficient operation.
· Perform sales management function to ensure attainment of sales/marketing objective.
· Establish and maintain good rapport with key customers for their continuous support.
· Acquire the lowest airfreight cost from various sources.
· Identify, establish and implement strategic commercial opportunities in close consultation / cooperation with countries
· Motivate and coach local Airfreight teams to achieve the target set.
· Seek opportunities, initiate new strategies including developing team performance to be able to compete with competitors.
· Eliminates identified problems both internal and external to get the job done effectively.
Key Performance Indicators
· Participate in appropriated airlines activities. · Regularly visit airline Cargo Managers or General Managers to establish good relationship with all airlines. · Visit key customers on regular basis to ensure optimum satisfaction is attained. · Build up strong network with other players, airlines and agents so that we can offer the best service in airfreight business. · Working with the team to initiate the best working strategies. · Working closely with agents and airlines to get the best possible cost. · Visit SCM and local customers and potential customers to generate airfreight volume. · Set up, manage and provide support to airport operation office. · Monitor work performance of each section closely and regularly. · Nominate appropriate staff for training course to develop airfreight personnel. · Implement the new Kewill IT system and the business processes
· At least 10 years of experience in management level in the airfreight industry.
· Good command of written and spoken English· Be able to work independently. Self-motivated and objective-oriented person. · Strong leadership, communication ability. Sound interpersonal skills. · Good practical knowledge of computer. · Willing to travel within the region
For more information about the postion please contact below:
Charles van der Steene, COO, Damco Europe
phone: 31 (10) 7127370, email: firstname.lastname@example.org