This job is no longer available
89540 - UK QHSE Manager
Our client is a provider of mechanical engineering products to the energy industry. With over 25 years operational experience they employ over 300 people worldwide.
They are currently recruiting for the position of UK QHSE Manager, based in Aberdeen.
To provide QHSE leadership in implementing Quality, Safety, Health & Environment objectives.
* Ensure QHSE projects are delivered safely
* Develop and implement the Company Audit Programme on an annual basis and ensure corrective actions followed through.
* Ensure the business works in accordance with accredited standards such as ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001
* Report against internal client KPI's
* Champion the Environmental compliance in the onshore & offshore work place
* Have safety committees appointed in each region& identify & hold appropriate number of meetings per year
* Improve the behavioural aspects of QHSE in the workforce
* Maintain UK QHSE certification
* Deliver QHSE projects within budget revenue & scheduled targets
* Support business development; particularly support for tenders
* Liaise with external bodies on QHSE matters
* Advisor to business lines ensuring clients' needs are met
* Demonstrate personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment
* Apply Company and where appropriate, client's Health, Safety and Environment policies and procedures
* Ensure that all quality and operational procedures as identified in the company QA manuals are adhered to at all times
* Maintain and embrace ownership of departmental policies and procedures
Skills & Experience
* NEBOSH Diploma
* Knowledgeable on the ISO9001, 14001b and OHSAS 18001 standards
* Experience of risk management and responding to incidents
* Experience of conducting QHSE audits internally and externally
* Knowledge of offshore oil and gas industry regulations and standards
* Experience of process mapping and RACI charts
* Offshore survival and UKOOA medical
* Good project management skills
* Understanding of the behavioural impacts of QHSE
* Leadership ability to manage small team
* HR skills, knowledge of PPR process and feedback skills
* Financial skills - understanding of budget
* QHSE skills - high level of delivery of behavioural based safety management
* Knowledge and understanding of implementation and adherence to processes
* Business development skills - ability to respond to client audits and tenders
* Project management skills - understanding of risk, change, variations and planning
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 89540.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.