This job is no longer available
89563 - Execution Planning Advisor
Our client is an international Oil & Gas company providing energy worldwide. Operating facilities and marketing products in the majority of the world's countries, they also carry out exploration for oil and natural gas in six continents.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Execution Planning Advisor, based in Houston.
Leads development of execution planning effort including coordination of Front End Execution Planning activities by Leveraging cross-functional input via FEEP workshops to identify execution issues at key Select and Define Stage milestones. Defining and implementing specific work programs focused on developing mitigation plans and delineating execution basic elements to confirm feasibility. Considered as execution and execution planning Subject Matter Expert. Provides support and guidance to Project Engineers and Project Managers
* Coordinate development of execution planning deliverables including:
* Defining key deliverables and timing that support the relevant business case at Gate 1
* Concept Select/Gate 2
* Checkpoint 1 and Gate 3 in accordance with agreed milestones
* When assigned the FEEP Coordinator role, design and lead FEEP Phase 1 (pre-Concept Selection Approval) and Phase 2 (post Concept
* Set up and facilitate FEEP workshops, including attendance of appropriate personnel
* Coordinate development of, and stewards, work programs in FEEP Charters and integration of execution bases to support Concept
* Works with functions to identify and resolve issues
* Responsible for quality of work products produced as part of the FEEP process
* Responsible for monitoring and reporting status and progress of the FEEP work effort to stakeholders
* Responsible for obtaining functional and project management agreement on specified project deliverables
* As SME, advises others in execution and execution planning of projects at various Gate stages including:
* Participation in project reviews and assessments (e.g. PEBRAs, IPRs, Concept Selection)
* Overall responsibilities on key work processes (e.g. EMCAPS work process as assigned)
* Mentors new engineers (e.g. transferees, new hires, etc.) assigned to Execution Planning and other experienced hires assigned projects they lead
* Participates in development of work tasks and assignments required for campus hires to meet ECM's
* Provide execution planning advise and input to the Planning-for-Development (PfD) basis for pre-Gate 1 projects
* Serve as a resource to Project Engineers and Project Managers by providing temporary supplemental support to PT for execution planning, issue/opportunity identification, and development/implementation of associated mitigation/capture plans.
Skills & Experience
* BSc/MSc in Engineering
* Vast experience in oil and gas industry
* Extensive experience in a variety of project management and execution positions
* Prior experience includes leadership roles in managing capital projects, experience in all phases of project execution, and international assignments.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 89563.