This job is no longer available
78948 - Head of Projects
Our client is an international Oil & Gas exploration and production company. Employing over 900 people, they operate several producing properties as well exploration and development properties worldwide.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Head of Projects, based in Gabon.
* Ensure that HSSE standards are maintained in the workplace and appropriate processes are followed
* Establish HSSE requirements for projects in consultation with the HSSE department
* Approve Projects Teams organisation and required support to project teams
* Mentor, coach and train Company personnel and provide leadership and expertise to the projects teams
* Work collaboratively with other teams and departments and operating units
* Participate as active member of the daily operations meeting and establish a formal working interface process with all other departments
* Responsible for development of all plans and procedures required for projects execution
* Adhere to segment business, and finance processes
* Strictly follow and implement corporate rules, guidelines and standards
* Be the Company Representative or nominating a Company Representative with reference to administrated contracts
* Approve all projects economics and associated justification for projects generation
* Responsible for projects contracting strategy and implementation
* Finally approve award recommendations
* Be responsible for all in-fields CAPEX activities
* Manage construction contractors and Vendors
* Project manage certain projects
* Coordination of authority approvals as required for project execution
* Attend all DGH meetings related to projects (prepare and give presentation)
* Provide weekly and monthly reports of projects
* Plan and implement an annual budget
* Provide input to Business Planning
* Manage MOC mechanism related to projects and associated presentation to upper Management
Skills & Experience
* M. Sc. Degree in Engineering
* Project management education
* Certification in project management
* Extensive relevant experience in the oil & gas industry
* Working experience with Operators and with EPC contractors
* Upstream oil & gas project management of projects >$200MM
* Expert in project management processes and tools including stage gate systems
* Experience in managing multiple projects.
* Strong emphasis on safety
* Understanding of Quality Management systems
* West Africa working environment
* Onshore civil works
* Excellent communication skills in English
* Strong team player
* Good understanding of contractual matters/control financial expenditures
* Geographical mobility for short trips
* Regular field visits and audits
* French language highly desirable
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 78948.