This job is no longer available
81349 - Operations Geologist
Our client is a worldwide group operating in over 100 countries. As one of the world's largest shipping companies, they are also involved in energy, logistics, retail and manufacturing and employ over 100,000 people.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Operations Geologist, based in Aktau.
* Cooperate closely with petroleum engineers and drilling engineers to ensure that all well objectives are met on time and within budget
* Prepare well prognoses and provide detailed well planning in cooperation with petroleum engineers and drilling engineers
* Supervise well site geologists
* Ensure high quality data acquisition including mudlogging, logging and coring
* Ensure high quality data and reports from contractors
* Finalize well reports and load final data into data bases
* Provide data to partners, authorities and Company head office
* Interpret well data for input to final well reports, field development plans and geological models
* Provide geoscience input to a variety of reports and presentations for partners, authorities and company head office
* Provide geoscience input for tenders and contracts
* Supervise and QC work by contractors including design institutes
* Show proactive participation in optimizing field development, workflows and processes
* Actively share knowledge with colleagues
Skills & Experience
* The preferred candidate is an proactive and strong team player with good communication skills and the ability to get work done on time and with high quality results
* Good experience with well site operations is required including logging and coring operations
* An MSc degree in geology and considerable experience in the oil industry is required as well as fluency in both written and spoken English
* Experience with core analysis and sedimentological core description and understanding of a variety of depositional environments including sequence stratigraphic principles will be an advantage
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 81349.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.