This job is no longer available
73182 - Senior Design Engineer
Our client is a provider of mechanical engineering products to the energy industry. With over 25 years operational experience they employ over 300 people worldwide.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Design Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Compiling and reviewing design inputs and functional requirements
* Designing detailed components
* Drawing component and assembly drawings
* Document Control to company and client standards
* Ongoing liaison and project reporting to clients
* Preparation of detailed engineering reports (FEED submissions, Work packs etc)
* Supervise the design, procurement, and manufacture of unit designs
* Supervise the testing of unit designs
* Assist other department personnel in ongoing manufacture and maintenance projects as required
* Undertake customer and vendor visits in support of specific projects or business development as and when required Some International travel is expected along with offshore visits
Skills & Experience
* BEng in Mechanical Structural or Civil Engineering or a similar Qualification
* Previous experience in a Senior Design Engineer or principle Engineer position
* Experience of Stress Strain Analysis and Static Calculations essential
* Experience with control systems (Electric/Hydraulic/Pneumatic) an advantage
* Exposure to Oil & Gas, Offshore and Manufacturing environments
* Strong CAD skills, preferably with AutoCAD
* Computer Literate in MS Office Packages
* Independent and resourceful
* Structured, systematic and target driven
* Excellent communication skills
* Creative and analytical
* High ethical awareness and integrity
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 73182.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.