This job is no longer available
80620 - Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client is an international energy services company operating in engineering & production facilities, well support and gas turbine services. Employing over 28,000 personnel worldwide they operate in 50 countries.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Senior Electrical Engineer, based in Glasgow.
* Ensure that the technical competence of electrical personnel under their supervision is matched to the work in hand
* Ensure that the work output of electrical personnel under their supervision complies with the relevant company, Client, national & international standards & procedures
* Provide technical assistance to electrical personnel as required
* Ensure as far as practically possible all assigned work is carried out in compliance with agreed budget and schedule
* Be conversant and knowledgeable with respect to current and new legislation and standards e.g., BS, API and Client codes and standards, DCR and HS&E Regulations and EU Directives
* Prepare engineering and construction scope for both man-hours and equipment estimates and assist in the review of proposed schedules
* Ensure that results of any development work are fully utilised in electrical activities
* Provide technical assistance to other disciplines as required
* Providing documentation and drawing deliverables for inclusion in workpacks and design books on time to meet offshore deadlines
* Producing cost effective designs that are fit for purpose and safe
* Participate as necessary in discussions with Clients and visit job sites as required
* Assist the Lead Electrical Engineer when requested in the execution of their responsibilities and duties
* Take part and contribute to construction risk assessments and construction method statements
* Take into account all relevant procedures, guidance etc. relating to the work, which will ensure compliance with company Safety Management System
Skills & Experience
* Degree in an electrical engineering related discipline
* HNC or equivalent in an electrical engineering related discipline
* Formal recognised training programme relevant to career path
* BOSIET Offshore survival certification
* Current offshore medical certificate
* Use of Power System Analysis package
* Electrical Equipment for use in a Hazardous Area
* Electrical Protection
* Power Management
* Knowledgeable in and practical application of Electric motors, generators, switchboards, transformers & other main components of electrical systems
* Knowledgeable in and practical application of Electrical equipment for use in Hazardous Areas; Electrical Protection & Power Systems Analysis; UPS Equipment; Power Management Systems and the operation & control of gas turbine & diesel driven generators
* Skilled in electrical engineering principles and their application in engineering projects
* Knowledgeable in the oil & gas or petrochemical industry and the application of electrical equipment therein
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 80620.