This job is no longer available
81576 - Brownfield Construction Engineer 2
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Brownfield Construction Engineer 2, based in Baku.
* Attend safety meetings, tool box talks, carry out site HSE checks, risk assessments
* Manage day to day activities of the Brownfield Installation Contractor
* Facilitate regular construction, planning and progress meetings
* Review of Construction workpacks
* Review of Contractor's design deliverables for temporary works
* Monitor actual progress and verify by audit as required
* Monitor Contractor technical performance and intervene as required to ensure compliance with HSE, Quality, Schedule and cost expectations
* Review Contractor DPR
* Respond to Contractor SEQ's as directed by Construction Engineer
* Monitor punch list clearance to support Commissioning schedule
* Offshore visits as required to monitor progress and manage key activities
* Manage the interface between Brownfield Installation Contractor and Fabrication Contractor
* Continuously review and update fabrication priorities
* Monitor Fabrication progress in line with schedule
* Attend Fabrication progress meetings
* Assist with management of Company vendor's & direct sub-contractors
* Assist with closure of Hazid, Hazop, and PIMS action tracking systems
* Supporting closure of items to agreed schedule
* Liaison with key interdisciplinary project engineers within the COP Project Teams to ensure commonality of processes and transfer of content where applicable
* Provide Construction support to the Brownfield delivery manager
* Provide input to weekly/monthly reports
Skills & Experience
* Recognised technical qualification as a minimum
* Experience in Brownfield facilities engineering, construction and commissioning in the Oil and Gas industry
* Registered fit, able and willing to travel and to work in Azerbaijan, and to be able to travel offshore having the necessary medical and FF/survival certification to do so
* Expected to demonstrate suitable interpersonal skills to facilitate delivery of work from a diverse team including Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Operations and our contractors
* IT skills suitable to prepare spreadsheets and reports to communicate project status to the PMT
Azerbaijan local national salary and terms apply.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 81576.