This job is no longer available
81918 - PED Technical Manager
Our client is a global leader in conformity assessment and certification services. They are a trusted partner of their clients, offering services and developing innovative solutions to reduce risk, improve performance and promote sustainable development.
They are currently recruiting for the position of PED Technical Manager, based in Aberdeen.
* To manage existing authorisations, approvals and notifications in relation to the PED Notified Body accreditation
* To act in a manner to protects the PED Notified Body accreditation
* Managing existing authorisations, approvals and notifications
* Managing the existing Service Level Agreements with USA, Denmark & Finland
* Act as Technical Focal Point for the Product Conformity Assessment and the Technical Centre Manchester Teams
* Manage and monitor the competence of personnel
* Keep up to date with developments in Engineering Standards, Legislation, Corporate Procedure, UK Procedure, INY Procedure
* Represent company at UK, European and International meetings and committees
* Establish and maintain a technical profile that is highly visible both internally and externally supporting the company UK Brand
* Provide fee earning services to customers as applicable
* Monitoring of competencies and authorisations
* Services Level Agreement monitoring activities
* Supervision and Monitoring of resources
* New authorisations, approvals and notifications as needed by the business
* Maintain accreditation to ISO 17020 for the Product Conformity Assessment and the Technical Centre Manchester Teams
* Satisfaction of the internal customers
* Technical authority on the Product Conformity Assessment and the Technical Centre Manchester Activities
Skills & Experience
* Strong experience of inspection, design and audit activities
* Detailed knowledge of legislation relating to the provision of new equipment and applicable codes and standards
* Ability to share knowledge
* Ability to communicate with peers, sub-contract staff, company Management Team and clients at all levels
* Technical Leadership, delivery focus, planning and organisation, good communication skills, ethics and integrity
* Experience of EN 13445, PD 5500, ASME VIII, AD-Merkblatter, CODAP, ANSI B31.1, ANSI B31.3, EN 13480
* Experience of Global Conformity Assessment
* Degree Qualified.
* Chartered Engineer in appropriate discipline
This is a permanent position.
The salary for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 81918.