This job is no longer available
· This position is primarily concerned with managing the capacity of all vessels in deployment under all existing domestic and Intra-Asia Services in the Philippines.
· This position should take the leadership in the prospecting and forecasting process for both the domestic and Intra-Asia trade in the Philippines.
· This position is also responsible for managing the current projects at hand and is expected to take leadership for any projects that will be rolled in the future.· This position is also responsible for ensuring that all correct and applicable routings/products are updated in MEPC and GSIS in a timely manner. Key Responsibilities:
· Ensure correct and timely submission of all deliverable stakeholder inputs related to Capacity Management: weekly volume and equipment forecasts, prospects, coprar verification, etc.
· Pro-actively communicate and liaise with respective desks (Capacity, LINE, GSC, etc) to ensure maximum cargo optimization and correct cargo mixing on all vessels under deployment to maximize over-all profitability
· Take ownership in sourcing for alternative routings whenever needed and ensure contingency plans are in place in case of cargo rollings/shut outs
· Take ownership in ensuring that the correct, missing and/or applicable products are updated in both MEPC and GSIS· Take ownership in ensuring that all stakeholder knowledge and expectations are aligned in terms of rolling contingencies, slot allocations, change in service rotations, launching of new services, vessel omissions, etc. Position Specifications:
· Applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree in any field.
· Experience in the cargo shipping industry is a huge advantage
· Experience in Project Management is also a huge advantage
· Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills is a requirement
· Candidate must be pro-active, has strong analytical skills, can work with minimal supervision, self-driven and should be willing to render overtime whenever needed.Learning Description: Knowledge and exposure to the Intra-Asia market which is currently the fastest growing trade in the shipping industry. This position provides an excellent opportunity to master managing vessel capacity and allocation, cargo mix calculation and optimizing loadings to improve our over-all profitability. The job also offers a good opportunity to learn project management techniques and hone process excellence skills to improve on current processes.
Interested applicants may submit their resumes to PHIHRDREC@maersk.com. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.